6 killed, 2 teens among 23 gunshot wounds in Chicago this weekend – NBC Chicago
Six people were killed and 23 others were shot and wounded, including two teenagers, over the weekend in Chicago.
- Two men were shot dead on Saturday morning in Avondale, in the northwest. At approximately 12:05 am, Chicago police found two men, 28 and 26, shot dead in the 2700 block from West Belmont Avenue, police said. The 28-year-old was found with multiple gunshot wounds, and the 26-year-old was found shot in the chest shortly after, police said. Both were taken to Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where they died, police said. They have not yet been identified.
- A man was killed in Austin on the West Side around 4:15 p.m. Saturday. The 26-year-old was in a car in the 900 block from South Monitor Avenue when he was cornered by gunfire, police said. He was shot in the neck and taken to Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, where he was pronounced dead, police said. His name has not yet been released.
- Two people were shot dead, including one fatal, during a drive through Sunday morning in West Garfield Park on the West Side. At around 7 a.m., two men were standing in the 400 block from South Kostner Avenue when a white car pulled over and someone inside started shooting, police said. Keith Melton-McKinney, 56, was shot in the head and left shoulder, police and the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The second man, 39, was shot twice in the left shoulder and taken to Loretto Hospital, where his condition stabilized, police said.
- A man was found shot dead on Sunday morning in a Ukrainian village on the northwest side. At approximately 12:55 a.m., an alleged 30-year-old man was found on the ground with a gunshot wound to his chest in the 900 block from North Damen Avenuepolice said. He was taken to Stroger Hospital, where he died, police said. His name has not yet been released.
- A 22-year-old woman was shot dead hours later in Gresham on the South Side. At around 10:30 a.m., she was in the 7600 block from South Morgan Street when a woman approached and fired, police said. The woman was pinched in the face and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead, police said. His name has not yet been released.
- A 15-year-old boy was shot dead on Saturday afternoon in Gresham on the South Side. At around 3:45 p.m., the 15-year-old was near an alley in the 7900 block from rue Justine Sud when he was shot in the chest, police said. The teenager was taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in serious condition, police said.
- A 16-year-old boy was shot while waiting for a friend on Friday night on the Near West Side. The teenager was standing outside around 7:30 p.m. in the 300 block from South Western Avenue when someone in the back seat of a black Kia fired shots, police said. He was shot in the thigh and taken to the Illinois Masonic Medical Center in good condition, police said.
- A man was shot dead in his living room Sunday morning at Chicago Lawn on the South Side. The attack occurred around 1:15 a.m. in the 6100 block of South Campbell Avenue. The 22-year-old was shot in the shoulder and grazed on the head, police said. He was taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in fair condition, police said.
At least 19 other people were injured in shootings in Chicago over the weekend.
Three people killed and 26 injured in Chicago shootings Last weekend.