Patty Steals “Being Blago” / Konkol / “Ignorant” McTweets / Chance
There is a quiet battle in federal court over who should decide the fate of vaccination warrants that didn’t make a lot of headlines.
Lawyers representing Chicago and the rest of Cook County have filed objections to U.S. District Court Judge John Robert BlakeyThe suggestion all lawsuits targeting mandatory jab policies should be reassigned to his courtroom.
A worried Democrat called me with this question: “What the hell do you think this Republican judge could do?”
- Speaking of federal court, I watched Hulu’s “Being Blago” – and you should, too much. Patty Blagojevich steals the show until her husband, one of Illinois’ former criminal governors Rod Blagojevich, says he could likely beat Mayor Lori Lightfoot in an election.“Looks like he’s having a bad hairdressing day,” the mayor’s people responded. (Room)
- People close the Jane Byrne interchange on Wednesday to protest Text messages from McDonald’s CEO Chris Kempczinki to Mayor Lightfoot who campaigners called âIgnorant and racistâ. (Room)
- A Chicago cop shot was shot by his wife, who is also a police officer, his Northwest Side home. The officers have not been identified. The Civilian Police Accountability Office said it was investigating the incident. (ABC7)
- Hundreds of people gathered in Wrigleyville to pray for the safe return of IÃ±aki Bascaran. The 23-year-old was last seen outside River North nightclub, Celeste, four days ago. (Block the club)
Today’s Chicago Daily is brought to you by Newrez. Wondering when cash-out refinancing makes financial sense? We have the answers. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- State Farm presents The Good Neighbor Insurance Education Series (November 3)
- Divorce Boot Camp – Chicago, IL Hub ~ Free Webinar (November 3)
- Cigna + Oscar 2022 Illinois Market Launch Webinar 3 (November 4)
- 33% reduction for the month of November (November 6)
- Tellin ‘Tales Theater presents: Hands Up! Sex (November 7)
- Coffee and pancakes for a cause (November 7)
- Spanish course for beginners for adults via ZOOM (November 8)
- Top Legal Issues During and After Divorce – Chicago, IL ~ Free Webinar (November 9)
- Evanston Chamber Music Society presents the Galvin Cello Quartet (November 13)
- Add your event
Do you like the new Chicago Daily? Tell your friends and send them this link to subscribe.
– Mark and Eileen.