What does a cryptocurrency billionaire have in common with US Senator Bernie Sanders?
They each endorsed Reverend Jesse Jackson’s son for Congress.
- The first day of summer was hot. So hot, the sidewalk buckled on DuSable Lake Shore Drive near 47th Street on Tuesday. The high temperature at O’Hare Airport reached 99 degrees, with a heat index that felt like 106 degrees. (CNB5)
- A man was shot and injured near Castaways Bar & Grill on North Avenue Beach Monday evening. The shooter has been arrested, authorities said. (CBS2)
- An influential City Council committee has presented a plan to overturn fines for being caught driving six mph over the limit by speed cameras. Mayor Lori Lightfoot isn’t happy about it. The full city council is due to take a final vote today. (CNB5)
- Chicago Police No Longer Allowed to Pursue Someone Just Because They Got Away while suspected of minor offenses, according to the police department’s new foot chase policy released today. (WGN9)
- How’s that for GRRREAT! new. Kellogg Company, maker of Frosted Flakes, has announced plans to move its headquarters to Chicago. (Patch)
Help us improve this newsletter!
We’ve had so many positive comments on the Chicago Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? If that is the case, take our simple – and fast! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and gossip that really matters to you. And it will help us achieve our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you unsubscribe from.
We would appreciate your feedback so much that if you complete the survey, we will enter your email address in a drawing for a little patch swag mountain. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us direct. Thanks!
To have a good time, click on:
- Andersonville Farmers Market on Catalpa Avenue (3 p.m.)
- Flavors of Albany Park Restaurant Tour (5 p.m.)
- Bonny Light Horsemen with VV Lightbody at Thalia room (8:30 p.m.)
- NOLA Brass Pioneers at FitzGerald (8:30 p.m.)
- Matthew Whitaker Quintet Ravinia (7 p.m.)
Just the links:
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Parks, Plants and People Jens Jensen’s impact on Evanston’s natural landscape (June 25)
- Reduced costs for 2022, get your cannabis card in 24 hours from home! (June 25)
- Maggie Speaks Disco Night ft. Skip Martin of Kool & The Gang (June 30)
- Add your event
— Marc Konkol
About me: Mark Konkol, 2011 Pulitzer Prize winner for local reporting, wrote and produced the Peabody Award-winning series Time: The Kalief Browder Story. He was producer, writer and narrator for the CNN docuseries “Chicagoland” and consulting producer for the Showtime documentary “16 Shots.”
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Chicago Daily? Contact me at [email protected]