Two Chicago-area universities were ranked among the top 15 colleges in the United States, according to a recently released report.
The 2022 list of the best colleges in America, of the Niche ranking and review site, ranked Northwestern University at No.14, with the University of Chicago following just behind at No.15.
A third school in the Midwest, the University of Notre Dame, ranked at No.19.
Northwestern reportedly has a 94% graduation rate, with students earning a starting salary of $ 58,900. At the University of Chicago, the graduation rate was 95%, with the median income of alumni six years after graduation being $ 68,000.
The median income for the University of Notre Dame was the highest of the three schools, $ 78,400, and the graduation rate is said to be 95%.
Here’s where other Midwestern schools are doing:
- # 25: University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
- # 41: Carleton College – Northfield, Minnesota
- # 60: Grinnell College – Iowa
- # 63: Macalester College – Saint Paul, Minnesota
- # 65: University of Wisconsin at Madison
- # 71: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- # 77: Purdue University – West Lafayette, Indiana
- # 89: Ohio State University – Columbus, Ohio
- # 95: Twin Cities of the University of Minnesota
- N Â° 97: Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology – Terre Haute, Indiana
The ranking was based on an analysis of academic, admissions, financial and student life data from the US Department of Education and reviews of students and alumni, according to the website.